Things are busy here at Shiloh as we wind down the year and get all packed up, ready to head back to our newly remodeled school in mid-August! Camp Shiloh has been a wonderful alternative to co-existing with construction workers, jackhammers, and bulldozers, but we are so excited to get back home. Camp Shiloh will become the "Pittsburgh Learning Center" and will house sixth graders from five of the district's eight elementary school. Shiloh's sixth graders are moving back to Shiloh with us.
Thank you to all who came to our PTSO carnival on May 22! Your support is so appreciated.
Next, please make plans to come to our family picnic this Friday, June 7, from 11:00 - 1:00, weather permitting. In the event of a good chance of rain in the forecast we will cancel the event with an email and phone call the night before. At this point, it promises to be a little chilly with temperatures in the mid-60s, but no rain forecasted yet.
The schedule is as follows. The time outside is purely for lunch; children will have recess later in the day after the picnic has ended. Please plan to bring your own lawn chairs, blanket to sit on, etc.
- 11:25 - 12:05 Kindergarten
- 11:35 - 12:15 first grade
- 11:45 - 12:25 second grade
- 11:55 - 12:35 third grade
- 12:05 - 12:45 fourth grade
- 12:15 - 12:55 fifth grade
- 12:25 - 1:05 sixth grade
Parents are invited to park on Center Street north of Camp Shiloh and walk down the bus loop sidewalk to the soccer field behind the school, where they will meet their children coming out to the field with their lunches. This is "BYOLunch" for parents...bring your own lunches for yourselves, your non-school-age children, and your Shiloh Eagle if you wish. Otherwise all Eagles will have a picnic lunch from the cafeteria. We hope to see you there!
Please consult the calendar below for this and other important events to end the school year.
Mrs. Duchow and Mr. Edwards
Important Events and Dates (Please remember to check and subscribe to our online calendar for these important events!)
- Shiloh Senior Breakfast and Graduation Celebration: Thursday, June 6, 8 - 10:30 am, Camp Shiloh Library and gymnasium. Know of any graduating seniors who went to Shiloh Hills during their elementary years? Please please please pass this information along to them! We will start with breakfast and a slideshow in the library with their former Shiloh teachers. Following breakfast, our seniors are cordially invited to attend our Attendance Celebration as our guests of honor. For this important component of our program, seniors are invited to wear their graduation gowns and caps. They will be escorted into the gym with all of the pomp and circumstance befitting such a great accomplishment! Breakfast begins at 8 and the assembly begins at 9:30.
- Shiloh Family Picnic: Friday, June 7, 11 am - 1 pm, Camp Shiloh "playground". This event is "BYOL" (Bring Your Own Lunch) for grownups and non-school-age siblings. A picnic lunch will be served that day for Shiloh students. Please plan to bring a blanket, lawn chairs, and a lunch for yourself (and your child if you wish).
- Shiloh Field Day: June 10. This is an "oldie but goodie" that Shiloh staff are bringing back for 2019! Please sign up here if you'd like to run a game: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b084cabaa2faafd0-shiloh. Other than the parents who volunteer to run a game, this is not a family event due to the busy-ness of the day.
- Last Day of School: Friday, June 14. School will end at 12 noon that day. Lunch is not served on the last day of school, so please plan accordingly. Report cards will come home on the last day of school as well!
- Summer Free Breakfast/Lunch sites
- NEWTECH Skill Center - Breakfast: 7 to 7:30 AM / Lunch 11:30 to noon (4141 N Regal St, Spokane, WA 99207
- North Spokane Library - Lunch: 11:30 to noon (44 E Hawthorne Rd, Spokane, WA 99218)
- YMCA North - Breakfast: 8:30 to 9 AM / Lunch: 11:45 to 12:15 (10727 N Newport Hwy, Spokane, WA 99218) * All sites closed July 4th and 5th.
- Camp Read-a-Rama: https://www.scld.org/north-