Greetings, Shiloh Families!
We want to first thank all of our families that were able to make it to our open house last week. During this event we shared some information around our growth goals for our students. In addition, we have some information around conferences and some other important dates and events. Remember, you can always visit our website and our website calendar page to stay up to date on everything that happens at Shiloh!
Our goals at Shiloh are BIG GOALS!
- We expect that 100% of our kids who come to us at grade level in reading and/or math will make at least one year's growth during their year at Shiloh.
- We expect that 100% of our kids who come to us below grade level in reading and/or math will make MORE than one year's growth during their year at Shiloh. This is the only way they can catch up!
- We expect that 100% of our families will participate actively in their child's education by doing one or more of the following:
- attending parent/teacher conferences or making other arrangements if attending in person is problematic.
- attending an event such as math night, Back-to-School Bash, the spring carnival, the Fund Run, Family Movie Night, etc.
We cannot accomplish our goals alone. What can you, our most important partners do?
- Get your child to school every single day, and call us if your child is going to miss, for any reason. Call 465-6884.
- Support your child's behavior at school. Learning time is like oxygen. When a child misses class due to behavior struggles, we do everything we can to support that child and get him or her back into class. We need your help and support to make that happen.
- Communicate with your child's teacher. Come to conferences. Drop an email to the teacher every now and then. Follow Classroom Dojo if your child's teacher uses it.
Thank you for your partnership!
Some dates to remember:
No School Friday, Oct. 11th
Parent/Teacher Conferences: October 16 - 18. School will dismiss at 12:45 on Wednesday, October 16. There is no school Thursday or Friday, October 17 and 18. You can begin scheduling for your child's conference beginning Monday, Sept. 30th. Please see flyer below for details on how to schedule your conference.
Picture Retakes: Monday, October 21
Cookie Dough Forms Due: Monday, Oct. 21
Thank you for taking time to read through these reminders!
Mr. Edwards and Mrs. Duchow