Greetings, Shiloh Families!
We hope you enjoyed this long weekend. As the end of the school year draws to a close we will be announcing many important events and information. Please read these Eagle Updates carefully!
Mr. Edwards and Mrs. Duchow
Picking Up Student Belongings: Following is the plan for our families to pick up all of their children’s personal belongings.
First grade may pick up their items in the loop on Thursday, May 28 from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm.
All other grade levels may pick up their items at designated locations around campus on Monday, June 1 from 12:00pm - 3:00pm.
The purpose is to:
- Pick up any personal belongings that were in your child’s classroom.
- Pick up any medications that were left at school prior to our closure.
- Drop off any of the following items:
- Library Books: You can give these books to your teacher and they will make sure they get back to the library.
- Teacher classroom library books
- School sports t-shirts (5th grade basketball players may still have these)
- Bus Helper vests
Pick up procedures for ALL GRADE LEVELS K-6:
- Drive to your child’s grade level’s designated spot:
- Kindergarten: (June 1, 12 - 3 pm only) along Vicksburg in bus lane
- First grade: (May 28 10 am - 12 pm only!!) loop
- Second grade: (June 1, 12 - 3 pm only) along Stonewall in drop-off lane
- Third and fourth grades: (June 1, 12 - 3 pm only) in loop
- Fifth and sixth grades: (June 1, 12 - 3 pm only) along Antietam (far side of playground)
- Stay in your car.
- Pull up to the curb when you see your child’s teacher.
- If you must pick up medications, please drive to the loop and park in a designated spot. Nurses will be out front to hand out meds. Please observe social distancing guidelines when approaching. If it is possible for your children to stay in the car safely please have them do so. Otherwise, please remind them of social distancing guidelines.
- If you are walking to school, please remind your child that his or her teacher would love to give a hug or “high-5” but due to our current situation we must ask that you adhere to the “social distancing guidelines.” Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
Celebrating our students that will not be returning to Shiloh next year:
Families of current 5th and 6th graders, please mark your calendars for Tuesday, June 16th from 12 to 2 pm . We would like to invite you to a special “drive-through graduation” at Shiloh Hills just for your kids to celebrate this important milestone...heading to middle school! More details forthcoming.
District Survey: Several weeks ago our district sent out a survey to all families to get feedback on their virtual learning experience. We have compiled those responses and will share this feedback with staff. In addition to this, we would love to have a higher number of responses from our families so we have recreated the survey but this time it is specific to Shiloh Hills. If you completed this survey when the district sent it out, you do not need to fill it out again. If you were unable to fill this survey out or if you did not know about it, please take 5 minutes to give us some feedback so we can better meet the needs of our families. Thank you!
Chromebooks: If your child has checked out a chromebook for use throughout March, April, May, and June, we will soon share guidelines for when, where, and how to return these. Stay tuned to future Eagle Updates!